On 8/4/2011 3:48 PM, Jim Sheldon wrote:
> Anyone operating RTTY regularly on 6?  If so what frequency do you make most
> of your QSO's?  Been trying to find an active 6 meter RTTY frequency with no
> luck.  According to ARRL, 50.700 is the calling freq, but even during
> openings, never hear anyone on RTTY there.
>
> Jim - W0EB

Hi Jim,

Most of the digital activity on 6m uses weak signal modes found in the WSJT
software
package, and as a result, there is very little PSK31 or RTTY operation on 6m.
However, I THINK the recommended calling frequency for RTTY is 50.290 or
50.300.  I
think N5SIX can provide a better idea for you.

It is amazing all the first time 6m operators have appeared on 6m during this
summer's Es season!  Seems like the proliferation of HF rigs with 6m included
now as
a standard feature - along with so many HF+6m amps is really boosting activity
on the
"Magic Band" ;-)

GL and I hope to see you up there soon!  VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ
(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
page (above)!