From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Johnny Siu
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 11:13 PM
To: K9ZTV; Elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] TOM HAMMOND, N0SS, SILENT KEY

It is really a piece of sad news and I will miss Tom.

73,

Johnny VR2XMC

從︰ K9ZTV <k9...@socket.net>
收件人︰ Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
傳送日期︰ 2011年08月5日 (週五) 12:04 PM
主題︰ [Elecraft] TOM HAMMOND, N0SS, SILENT KEY

It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing of Tom Hammond, N0SS, at
0125 UTC Friday, August 5th.

Tom died peacefully with his family around him at his residence in Jefferson
City, Missouri, following many battles with cancer over the last 15 years.  No
one I have ever known handled illness with the kind of optimism and faith as he
did.  There are many cancer survivors alive today because Tom taught them how
to fight the disease psychologically and emotionally.

Tom was an early member of the Elecraft family with K2 serial number 008 and
continued his loyalty as one of the original beta-testers on the K3 (also
serial number 008).  Wayne once told him, "Just when we think we have something
perfect, Hammond comes along and finds a glitch for us." Early renditions of
the K3 firmware incorporated many of Tom's suggestions.

Funeral services are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 13th (a week
from tomorrow).

Suggestions for memorial contributions will be posted after the family
completes arrangements tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you all for your prayers and support these last several months.

73,

Kent Trimble, K9ZTV
Jefferson City, MO