Don,

The manual doesn't state that you must adjust for 10 volts at TP5.
Please read that section again.

It does say that you should not exceed 10 volts at TP5 during the
bandpass filter tuning.
If the output goes above 10 volts, use the input attenuator R22) to
bring the voltage down - perhaps in the vicinity of 5 volts, and then
continue to look for the peak tuning point for each inductor that is to
be adjusted.

After you have peaked the bandpass filters, you will then adjust the
input attenuator to produce the correct output (use an external power
meter which is accurate at 432 MHz) while your selected maximum drive
level is applied from your transceiver.

After that (and while the transverter is producing 20 watts), you adjust
R10 (Power CAL) so the LEDs indicate 20 watts.

These 3 steps must be done in order - do not skip ahead or you will end
up with frustration.  Also, do not drive the transverter for too long at
a time - particularly during the final power adjustments.  Give enough
"break" time to let it cool between adjustment trials.

73,
Don W3FPR