I have the KFL3A-6K   6 kHz AM/ESSB, 8-pole filter installed and working.
In AM mode, I tap XFIL and VFO B display says FL2 6.00
I hold SHIFT in and see <--NOR-->
I tap WIDTH and see BW 3.00  -or-  HI 3.00
I tap SHIFT and see *FC 1.50 -or-  LO 0.00

when I turn WIDTH clockwise to it's maximum, I see BW 5.00

1st question
I thought I would be seeing BW 6.00
to match the settings of the AM filter
I realize the SHIFT and WIDTH refer to the DSP (I think)
and the XFIL refers to the IF filter

but does what I'm seeing mean
I am not utilizing the full 6khz of the filter
and in AM Mode due to the DSP
I will never be able to actually have the full 6khz bandwidth?

2nd question
If I were to install the KFL3B-FM   13 kHz FM filter
I would then tap XFIL and see FLx 13.00
would I still see the same dsp results as I'm seeing now:
(meaning....
I would hold SHIFT in and see <--NOR-->
I would tap WIDTH and see BW 3.00  -or-  HI 3.00
I would tap SHIFT and see *FC 1.50 -or-  LO 0.00
.....)

again would this mean
I would still not be getting anything more than 5.00 bandwidth?

color me confused...

--
GB & 73
K5OAI