From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Vic K2VCO
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:12 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3-Front panel shut down question.

You could connect a battery and a power supply to the K3 power input, if you
put a diode in series with the battery and one in series with the power
supply. The cathodes of the diodes would go toward the K3. Then as long as
the voltage of the PS was greater than that from the battery, the power
would come from the PS. If the PS went off it would come from the battery.
The diodes would prevent any current from flowing between the PS and the
battery.

Of course a UPS is an idea, but many UPS' generate a lot of radio noise.
After all, they contain inverters, which are switching devices.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA