Good Evening,
    I am glad I moved the forty meter net to one hour later.  It worked out
very well.  All the way into CT and TX and MN.  Much better than just CA
and OR.  I did get a TX to TX relay though.  Probably ground wave to Dave
but I was hearing John at 559 so I could copy him along with Dave so there
was little to relay except my responses.  Poor Dave, K1THP, in
Connecticut.  He tried checking in during this relay but when I finally
was able to call him QSB had taken him away.  He will be surprised to find
his name on the 40 m list too :)
    The twenty meter net was much like last week.  I seem to have gained
some local noise which has not changed much in two weeks.  I wonder if
they are working on the radio towers above me and that is causing the
noise?  Other than that there is little equipment close enough to bother
me.  Unless it is some grounding issue with my well's pump.  Doesn't sound
like any computer generated trash.  Or I could simply blame the sun and be
done with it :)
    If these conditions hold on both bands I will be actively beating the
bushes for a more permanent relay station.  Maybe that guy in Minnesota
could be convinced to call a CQ or two :)  But ad hoc relays are always
welcome if you had not figured that out yet.  Don, W3FPR,  wants me to
send mountain lions to North Carolina.  I wonder what UPS or USPS would
think of one crated and shipped?  Have to sedate the poor kitty and warn
Don about one very annoyed and large cat in a crate.  But being an
engineer I am sure he would figure out a way to free it without losing
more than a couple fingers.

    On to the lists =>

   On 14050 kHz at 2200z:
K1THP - Dave - CT - K3 - 686
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
AE6IC - Fred - CA - K3 - 2241
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398
N7KRT - Jeff - TX - K2 - 5471
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
K0DTJ - Brian - CA - K3 - 4113
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767

   On 7045.5 kHz at 0100z:
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K3 - 1183
K0DTJ - Brian - CA - K3 - 4113
AE6IC - Fred - CA - K3 - 2241
W8OV - Dave - TX - K3 - 3139
KN5L - John - TX - K3 - 4448
K1THP - Dave - CT - K3 - 686
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866

    The weather reports from around the country were milder than last
week.  At times my temperature was warmer than theirs; especially when
Brian checked in.  But then there was poor Jeff melting in Texas with
another triple digit high.  A record was set in Portland this weekend at
90 degrees.  Wouldn't you know it the weekend of the airshow with so many
folks outside and we get the hottest temperatures of the year?  Hopefully
the ECOM folks kept a lot of water flowing and did not have to deal with
too many cases of heat stroke.
    Until next week stay cool,
       73,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

_