There is a line from the aux cable that will switch on and switch off...with
a pulse low. But how to make the K3 send the pulse? Pin #8...but it, on the
K3 aux connector is used to turn on the K3 with a pulse low. I think it, on
the K3, comes from an output/input line from an open drain fet driven by a
clock/calendar chip...so...and also I guess somehow from the POWER button on
the K3 front panel to the MCU.
AND...I guess if pin #8 were not cut off on the aux 25pin cable Elecraft
sent, then turning on the K3 would turn on the KPA500...what if they got out
of sync?...then turning on the K3 would turn off the KPA500...and turning
off the K3 would turn on the KPA500...hmmm...or is that not a problem?

-----
Chuck, KE9UW