I confess that it never really bothered me until I started to use external
speakers, and when I use head phones the K3 gets turned on before I put the
headphones on.

I bought the K3 a couple of years ago, it's #980.  Maybe something in the
hardware has changed since. It's no big deal, I was just curious as to what
others thought.

73, Stephen