please note the following is meant as a bit of humor
a tongue in cheek JOKE if you will, on a slow list day
NOT an attack on anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant on

and all these annoying miscellaneous clicks and pops
that are so indicative of the K3 being of such a poor quality radio
are evident only when attaching something external
not made by Elecraft to the ELECRAFT K3

gezz folks,
can't you just enjoy the fact that you
are the proud owner of an exceptional radio to play with,
after it gets fired up and operational?

or maybe better yet
consider selling your K3s
so you won't be troubled by such blatant indications of shoddy workmanship
then you can *itch and moan on some other list about
all this petty little *rap

some times it just gets to be almost to much to bare

/rant off

p.s.
other options available
1) leave the rig on 24/7
2) get someone else to go in and turn the k3 on for you
so your delicate sensibilities are shielded from
dealing with all these horrific 'electronic clicks and pops'
3) take up knitting

have a nice day and keep smiling <big_grin>

GB & 73
K5OAI
Sam Morgan