Hi All,

I've just spent the day fine tuning my KPA100 - measuring the output power
on each band and trying to improve it. Initially I was getting a HI Current
warning on each of the bands from 160 through to 40 (all into a dummy load),
but not on the rest. In all cases the maximum power I could get out on each
band was 50-65W. I reset R26/R27 and the bias current and now the HI Current
warning has gone and power output has improved on most bands to 70+W, but is
not yet 100W. Some observations and questions that came up:

Can someone please explain to me how the HI Current warning is generated?
Is it likely that my bias current is a little low?
I swept the low pass filters with an antenna analyser and the SWR on 30m and
10m is about 1.5.  All the components look to be right, and I feel that
spreading or compressing the turns on the applicable torroids may upset the
associated filters. Is 1.5 too high (I have the previous version of the
KPA100 firmware)?
Is the new KPA Capacitor mod likely to help?

Mike
VK1KCK
K2 #2599