I was a young USAF Radio repairman returning from South East Asia making $350 a
month in 1968.  The only radio I could afford was a HW100 @ $240 +$49 for a AC
supply.  Nothing else was even close in price.  Say what you may, I have
nothing but praise for the Heath kits.  By the way still have a Heath keyer,
coaxial switch and VTVM that work some 45 years on.

Take a trip down memory lane here:
http://www.nostalgickitscentral.com/heath/heathkit.html

Bill Hammond
Bill Hammond-AK5X