The recent thread on missing parts brings up an area for imrprovement
for Elecraft, that would not (I believe!) involve significant expense...and
would
likely save money for Elecraft.

I would suspect that the vast majority of "missing" parts, are in reality
"unable to find" parts.   Given the size and number of parts in the kits,
there's a lot of stuff to paw through when building a module.

One of the nice things Heath did, was to bundle components into
small envelopes that corresponded to units of assembly. For example,
when building a VFO, one would open an envelope which had just the
VFO parts.  Elecraft kits are kitted more in bulk pack, where many/most
of the parts are in one container. I recently completed a KPA100 and
there was significant time spent just finding the darn parts.

I'd be willing to bet, if the parts were kitted in envelopes appropriate
for smaller units of assembly (chapters, modules, ...what have you?)
the amount of "missing parts" requests would decrease!

That having been said, I love the E-kits!

John K5MO