Hmmmm.... according to Elecraft's website regarding mods all new boards
since 2009 have the new resistor already installed.  See link below:

http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_app_notes.htm

My K3 kits came with the resistor but I didn't install them because...
well, I received a main rf board that already had the mod/resistor
installed.  I would think an rf board shipped in July 2011 would already
have the mod/resistor installed... according to the above link, but I
could be wrong about that.  At any rate, after my K3 build in which I
didn't install the resistor, I purchased a P3-F, hooked it up and it
worked and still works with no problems.

Scott
KF5MHS