If you think EU & UK are remote from Aptos, then think about me in Tasmania! I'm
on the edge of the world and knuckles are white :)

I've had a large number of packages shipped to me from Elecraft & other US
suppliers via the USPS over the past 2 years -  more than 50 - and I've learnt
to be patient.

My packages are always sent USPS International Priority Mail and I follow their
progress with the online tracking facility.  The curious thing I've noticed is
that there are two tracks by which they get here:  fast and slow.  If they're
going to arrive quickly, they're on my doorstep within 7-10 days. If not, then I
know they're going to take 4 to 6 weeks.  With the "slow" mode, they leave the
US processing facility within 1-3 days of lodgment and then enter some kind of
postal void over the Pacific, before being scanned into Australian customs a few
weeks later.  There's no way of predicting which shipments will come by which
route - large or small, heavy or light, they can come either way and I never
know which it'll be.

But I've just come to understand this is part of the process and I'm patient.  I
should point out that in over 50 shipments - fast and slow - not one item has
ever failed to turn up in the end.  So now I relax and play with my toys while
waiting for the next one to arrive - hi hi.

73 from down here!
John
VK7JB