Most "horrible wide signals" observed on the P3 are produced by
electronic sources like switching power supplies (including battery
chargers) and the clocks associated with various digital devices. Some
may be in your own home, others in the homes of neighbors. They
typically show up as a typical bell-shaped curve peaking at some
frequency, and other similar peaks spaced anywhere from 10 kHz to 50 kHz
apart.  The 33V DC power supply that SteppIR sold me for their
controller is REAL NASTY, especially on the higher HF bands.  I had to
replace it with a home brew linear supply so that I could work on those
bands.

73, Jim K9YC