Hi Mike,

Do you have the KAT3 installed?  If so, the "fix" may be simple: take the
ATU out of bypass mode and tune the ATU into the dummy load once on each
band.  You might then find that with the ATU bypassed, the SWR shown on the
K3 meter reads 1.0 as you'd expect.

I noticed the same on 10 & 12m some time ago on my new K3.  I learnt that
the ATU is not physically removed from the circuit in bypass mode, but small
values of L & C are inserted to electrically / functionally "bypass" it.
Stray reactances can cause these small SWR anomolies on the higher bands,
seen when transmitting into a dummy load with the ATU bypassed.  It seemed
to me that the ATU can compensate for these reactances if it's tuned once
into a 50ohm dummy load on the band of interest - that seems to allow the K3
set the bypass state correctly, compensating for the small strays.

At least, it worked for me and a couple of others who'd noticed the same
thing and who found this worked for them. I received a few pm's about this
after I posted about this to the group some while ago - I guess it will
still be in the archive.

Hope that helps,

73,
John