We Silicon Valley types don't use things as inelegant as potatoes or
other vegetables.  Rather, we use the pneumatic tennis ball launcher
developed and sold either assembled or as a kit by this ham.

http://www.antennalaunchers.com/antlaunching.html

When I moved to a redwood forest in CA six years ago, I brought with me
one of the Big Shot  super-slingshots from Sherill Tree Service that had
worked so well for our club with trees around Chicago.  Alas, it was not
nearly enough to get near the tops of these big redwoods, typically
130-170 ft tall.  A fellow NCCC member, Ira, K2RD, brought his tennis
ball launcher over and cleared the top of the tallest tree on my
property by at least ten feet on his first shot.

73, Jim K9YC

On 10/9/2011 5:48 AM, John Ragle wrote:
> Google "spud launcher" or "spudgun."
>
> John Ragle -- W1ZI
>
> =====
>
> On 10/9/2011 8:31 AM, gold...@charter.net wrote:
>> What was the tennis ball launcher used.  I think you gents called it an
>> antenna bazooka or similar.  I need to make one of those for putting up
>> my loop.
>>
>> Where can I find directions.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> ~73
>> Don
>> KD8NNU
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Rem O. wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a video I made last weekend when camping up in the rare Colusa
>>> County to participate in the California QSO Party.  The K3 was at five
>>> watts
>>> and the antenna was a Carolina Windom about 50 feet up.  It was a good
>>> time
>>> and the K3 performed great.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkv_c3riqk&feature=colike
>>>

>>> Rem