Neoklis,

Did you order the KXV3A option?

If yes, a resistor comes with that option.  But your NEW K3 should not
need this resistor mod as it is only for older units (2009 and prior).
Please see the second mod down on the page below:

The Elecraft mods page is here:

http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_app_notes.htm

I also received a 5.6k resistor with the MH2 microphone but that
resistor was only needed if using the microphone with a K2.  So I didn't
have to install either resistor in my K3/MH2 combo.

Scott
KF5MHS