Hello everyone,

I’m a newer K3 owner and I’m loving the heck out of the device, but recently I
noticed a strange problem.  It started behaving as though my MIC wasn’t working
correctly.

[All tests from this point out will be into a DUMMY LOAD that is rated up to
300W.]

I would notice that if I used 100W and tried to send, the power draw was never
more than 4 amps, and the RF display wouldn’t go above 5 or 10W.  After some
troubleshooting, I ‘recalibrated’ the TX gain, and this fixed it... until I
leave and come back later.  Then I’m required to recalibrate the TX gain.  I
know this isn’t the expected behavior, so I suspect something is amiss.

Another problem that has cropped up at the same time (and is likely related) is
my ATU inability to tune correctly.  I should be able to “tune” the dummy load
1:1 on all bands (except maybe 10m and 6m), but when I try to tune, I hear the
relays click, but after a short wait the K3 beeps and displays “- -“.  I’m
guessing this is because the TX gain calibration is wacky and thus the ATU
ability to read the SWR might be out of whack.

All this said, I’m really stumped and was hoping for suggestions and ideas?  I
have tried reloading settings from when my device was first brought online, but
that didn’t have any effect.

Thanks,
Shane - KF7EFG