I spent some more time with this and find that if I tune to the low side
(tone lower than my pitch setting) and push spot it tunes the way it should
but if I turn the dial to hear a higher note than my 680 hz pitch setting
the VFO takes off down the band. It will sail right past S9 signals without
stopping.

I have 250 and 500 hz filters installed (both 8 pole) and my DSP width set
at 350 where I normally have it.
I am using version 4.39 as previously mentioned.
My sub RX is off.
I don't like turning the P3 off because it's like going blind but doing so
has no effect on the problem.
Pressing TEXT DEC I have AUTO OFF and Threshold set to 1. Setting it to a
higher value does not give me a relialbe tuning bar.
VFO CRS is set to 0.1
VFO CTS is set to 400
VFO FST is set to 50
VFO IND is set to NO
VFO OFS is set to ON
Pitch is set to 680 but other settings have produced similar results.
I don't always use SPOT as the P3 allows me to tune just as accurately and I
am usually already looking at it.
I did not notice this SPOT problem before my last F/W upgrade although it
could be a coinsidence.

-Robby
VY2SS