Hi TR,

Eventually we'll have detailed comparison charts for the KX3 vs. other
small radios. I wouldn't put the K3 in this chart, because it's an
entirely different radio (full-size enclosure and front panel,
internal 100 W amp and ATU, high-performance sub receiver, up to 10
roofing filters, complete I/O complement including P3/RX ANT/
transverter connectors, etc.).

Generally speaking, the KX3 best fills the need for an ultra-compact
all-band/all-mode radio. The K2 offers similar band/mode coverage in a
"full" kit (where you get to solder), but the KX3 is a lot smaller and
has an updated user interface as well as I.F. DSP.

If you only need CW mode and a few of the most popular bands, the K1
or KX1 would be good choices. Both are full kits.

The KX1 is our smallest radio, with TFR (trail-friendly) format and an
attached paddle, like the KX3. It also uses a DDS VFO and SSB/AM
receive, providing SWL coverage in addition to the ham bands.

The K1 is a traditional analog radio, with an LC VFO. It has higher
power output and a wider-range ATU option than the KX1.

73,
Wayne
N6KR