I just sent this message to Elecraft support, but wondered if anyone out
there knows the answer or has experience:

"I received my DSP upgrade board (K3DSPUPGD) around 10/14/2011 and am just
now installing it.

My K3 is serial number 1206.

Upon removing the original DSP board, I noted the board identifier which
reads

"K3 DSP  (then a white painted-over patch)
(c)  2007  Elecraft"

The old board also has a label indicated "Assy REV D"

When I unpacked the new board, its identifier reads exactly the same:

"K3 DSP (with a similar painted-over patch)
(c) 2007 Elecraft"

The new board also has the label indicating "Assy REV D"

The two boards appear identical in every way.

If the new board is in fact a DSP upgrade, how does Elecraft identify them?
Did I received an old board by mistake?

I ended up reinstalling the old board and did not install the new one.  I
wanted to wait until I received guidance from Elecraft.

Also, the instructions I downloaded for the new DSP board show a nylon
spacer.  I don't have a nylon spacer in my K3.  Seems I remember prior email
threads about that spacer going in to create a stiffer front board rest, but
I didn't have the spacer.

Whatever guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Any thoughts?

73,
Phil, WA7URV