Should have been a bit more thorough here 'cos I've just found a post from
Rich VE3KI from earlier in the year which goes a way to explaining. Seems
you can store in both Hold and Tap but if there's only one macro in an M key
(tap or hold) then it's run by just tapping.

This is neat as I've now got my macro to switch between the sub rx audio mix
A-Ab <-> Ab-Ab on one M key; it's now a quasi toggle action to swap by
either Holding or Tapping....and leaves the others for the 3 voice messages
I'll need for this weekend's play in cqww.

Still wondering about the Bank 1/2 thing though....

73,

Stewart, GW0ETF