Hi Phil,

You may be seeing "hum" or other "noise" on his carrier.

You'll likely see the same sort of display when observing
WWV's signal when they're transmitting their tone/s.

Tune around the bands a bit and I think you'll see the double
"spikes" on quite a number of signals, regardless of mode.

Ignore the "Rose" header ... I'm using her computer for this
reply.

73! Ken - K0PP
elecraftcov...@gmail.com