I have included Tony's comments below.  I agree with paragraph one.

However, in paragraph two I take issue.  I am considering the ease and
convenience
of using a P3. Plus the bandwidth is wider. It is plug and play. No computer
issues of hardware, software, and soundcards.

I have used PSDR-IF. I would like to be able to run PSDR-IF, but I am not alone
in experiencing mirrored images. Yes, my I & Q signals are balanced. Yet WinRad
and
HDSDR works with no images.

I have to ask what type of soundcard and computer you are using to accomplish
this?
Also, would you include the total value of your package if I were to purchase
the same?

Thank you,
Richard Fjeld, n0ce

I would add to Richard's comment that the KX3 design appears to me to be an
ideal implementation of SDR for amateur purposes. I have played around
quite a bit with SDRs. I've owned 2 Flex radios and have 2 Softrocks, and
that experience has convinced me that the actual signal detection, DSP
filtering and processing, etc. should all be done inside the radio, not by
a general-purpose PC. Today's SDRs are an interesting proof of concept, but
as operating ham rigs they have insuperable flaws that result mainly from
trying to get a PC to do tasks that would be much better done by a
special-purpose computing system with a suitable OS and tailored data paths.

The computerized panadapter is quite neat and I have found it to be even
more useful than the very useful P3 (I use PSDR-IF, but there are many
more; see the LP-Pan home page and/or many other SDR pages for samples).
However, to use it with an analog radio like the K3, you need extra
gadgetry and complexity in the shack. I'm really looking forward to getting
my hands on a KX3. Perhaps after it hits the market, ham rigs will start to
provide I-Q output as standard equipment. That would be a step forward for
ham radio, and another chapter in Elecraft's history of innovations in the
industry.

73,
Tony KT0NY