From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Charles
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:09 AM
To: d...@w3fpr.com; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Failure to connect with Elecraft server

Hi Don,
Thanks again for your prompt reply.
Not all laptops available today have a card slot.
I am using the ACER 5724Z which does not have a card slot.

Referring to page 21 of the KPA owner's manual, I am using the KPA/K3
AUX Cable.
If I want to upgrade the firmware on all three units (K3, P3, and KPA)
then can you or Elecraft recommend a permanent configuration of serial
cables that will enable such a requirement?
It seems to me that if there is no answer to my last question then I
will need to change the serial cable connections for each unit every
time that I need to upgrade the firmware. The alternative is to take the
advice of Fred Cady on page 247 of his excellent manual.

Many thanks once again for your valuable help Don.
73 from Charles - M0BIN