Hi,

NR or no NR, this is going to be one tough nut to crack. I listened for him
for the first time this morning and did not hear a peep. This wasn't with my
K3 but remotely from work using my humble IC718 online radio, but there was
no QRM and the 718 is plenty sensitive so the G5RV antenna clearly had no
reception of him here in CNY. I have heard him at dusk but only in the noise
with a significant amount of arctic flutter. Even considering that, his
audio was not particularly good but rather muffled with a lack of highs. The
dusk opening has the advantage that we don't have to compete with the
Europeans.

AB2TC - Knut

It was using SSB on 17M. Although I operate mostly SSB, my few CW contacts
are to work a DXpedition, where I can usually hear the station with little
or no interference and the NR is not needed.

Roger W5RDW