Sam,

Since the computer to K2 cable carries only RS-232 signals, I should think
25 feet should pose no problem - why not just try it and report the results.
It certainly will not break anything if you construct the cable as shown in
the KIO2 or KPA100 manuals.

However, do not use a standard computer serial cable - IT WILL CAUSE BAD
THINGS TO HAPPEN TO YOUR K2 - the cable should have only TXD, RXD, and
signal ground lines connected (and the shield at the K2 end), plus the
handshaking jumper at the computer end.

73,
Don W3FPR