This is just my opinion, I could be wrong...

We will have to be very careful that we don't end up with a channelized mess
like the U.S. CB channels.  I for one probably won't use it for amateur
communications, due to the congestion that will be on those channels.

Me thinks the ARRL AND the FCC made a mistake when it originally allocated the
channelized 60m Amateure band.  It would have been smarter to allocate a
continuous band as Mike suggests.  It didn't have to be 60m.  It could have been
a continuous segment of the old 11m band.

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member