I too would like to see an external Pod similar to the one that TenTec has
would be the right idea.
Contesters can beat the pod up, triggering CW/Voice memories and frequently
used functions which saves a lot of wear and tear on the main unit as well as
making things more comfortable/efficient.
72/73 & DX,
Craig W. Behrens -- NM4T