Pete,

Please tell us "the rest of the story".  Do you have the 2.7/2.8 filter
set for SSB reception, or are you trying to use the FM filter for SSB
reception?

If you moved the 2.7/2.8 kHz filter to a different slot, you must tell
the K3 firmware where it is now.  K3 Utility simplifies the process, but
you still have to tell it which filter is in which position.

73,
Don W3FPR