Let's answer Paul's actual question,  "Can I turn QSK off?"  I think you
mean require some form of manual PTT before you can send and the answer
is "Yes".  Turn off VOX by holding BAND DOWN.   Without manual PTT, when
you send, it won't make RF and it will tell you in VFO B.  You can
assert PTT through the rear panel jack, or with the XMIT function on the
front panel and then transmit.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org