I concur with Jim and Don.  CM500 is not available in Hong Kong.  A pilot ham
brought it to me when he flew to VR2.  Very value for money.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

從︰ Jim Sheldon <w...@cox.net>
收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期︰ 2011年12月1日 (週四) 6:53 AM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] Boom Set

Hi Ricardo,
I have to agree 100 percent with Don.  I have a CM-500.  It was less expensive
than the Heil and I have tried them both.  The CM-500 is more comfortable for
me to wear for long periods than the Heil, David Clark or several other Boom
sets I've either owned or borrowed over the years.  The microphone in the
CM-500 seems to match my voice perfectly (the Heil and David Clark electret's
did not) and I didn't have to mess with the K3's transmit equalizer at all.  I
just left it set at zero's across the board.  Although I detest VOX and never
use it, I did test the CM-500 with the K3's VOX and it worked flawlessly.

I also use Elecraft's MH2 hand microphone and it too matches my voice without
further adjustment.

Jim - W0EB