Are we going "full circle"?  Battery backed RAM was the "thing" when the
IBM PC was announced (way back when), and then as technology progressed,
that changed to EEPROM which did not require voltage to retain the
settings.  I hope we are not going back to that voltage dependent
situation for the K3.  As I recall from the IBM computer example, if the
data was something different than the currently displayed frequency, it
might be lost with the power outage example.

73,
Don W3FPR