From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John Lemay
Sent: 02 December 2011 19:35
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 TX Inhibit

Hello

I have a question about the TX INHibit function of the K3.

I want to use this with an external sequencer to ensure that my rig,
amplifier and masthead preamplifier (on 2m) are controlled in a safe manner,
and that even pressing the XMIT button or turning on VOX does not lead to a
mishap.

However, TX INHibit does not work as I expected:-

I have turned on TX INH with LO = INH. I have plugged a lead into the 15 pin
accessory socket so that pin 7 can be held low (in my test case, connected
to earth). That works fine and TX is inhibited (indicated by the flashing TX
icon).

When I remove the earth connection from pin 7 the rig remains with TX
inhibited - that's the bit I don't understand.

I can only get back to normal transmit operation by going back into the
CONFIG menu and turning off TX INH.

What am I missing ?

Regards

John G4ZTR