Hi Group,

Any advice appreciated about this strange issue affecting my K2/100? -:

I recently started using my K2/100 with an external speaker.  It is an
unamplified, 4ohm speaker in an enclosure. I've noticed that on SSB, voice
peaks cause some breakthrough of distorted audio on the external speaker.
It's unobtrusive, but I notice it.  It also occurs when I Tx into a dummy
load and is at the same level as when I Tx into my antenna - ie it doesn't
change.

Now here's the strange thing:  it's only present in the audio from the rear
external speaker jack.  If I plug headphones into the front panel headphone
jack, there is no breakthrough heard on that audio signal.  If I plug a set
of headphones or a different speaker into the rear panel external speaker
jack, I do hear the distorted audio signal on Tx in that audio path.

My shack is clean with respect to common mode currents - I've checked every
cable with my clip on meter.
I suspect this is some kind of ground loop.  Could it be occuring internal
to the K2/100, somehow producing distortion in the external speaker audio
pathway, but not the front panel headphone audio path??  That bit, I don't
understand.

Any ideas?  Thanks as always!

John
VK7JB