GM,
    I brought my KX1 and Buddipole vertical with me while on holiday for
Thanksgiving in Utah with my two girls and seven grand kids.
 I worked some stations during the contest, but did manage to get two stations
in Japan on 40/20 meters on the KX1 at 2.5 watts with the Buddipole vertical !
That's almost 2500 miles per watt ! The JA op did the heavy work with the watts
and beam thou.
That little radio never ceases to amaze me, I love it, it's my hands down
favorite for it's size ! I have a K2 and K1, great radio's also ! And can't
wait to get my hands on the new KX3 !
But the KX1 has a special place in my heart, I'll never get rid of it ! It was
my first Elecraft radio !

72/73 de Ed N7EDK in Marana,AZ.