Lu, Rick and others interested ---

Your question seems to relate to SSB operation - as far as I know, the
"mush" problems that have been reported are for CW signals.  It may be
that many SSB signals of similar levels will create a similar effect,
but when one adds the passband, (hi-cut, lo-cut) and the RX EQ settings
to the mix, things begin to get very complex fast.

Since the reported problem are on the receiving end, I cannot conceive
any situation where changing the TX EQ would make any difference in the
signal that is being *received* by the K3.

This is an important issue to those who are experiencing it (and that is
a lot of the DX-peditioners and contesters that the K3 was designed to
assist the most), and the parameters of the problem are not yet well
understood.  So, my request is that everyone read the conditions
carefully so that if you can add data to the search, please do that, but
if what you are referring to is different than the main focus, please
change the subject line so we do not confuse two different things.  This
is an important topic for Elecraft, and as far as I know, there are no
consistent and reproducible parameters to this situation.  In my long
experience of designing and conducting tests on large system computing
systems, if a "problem" could not be described in parameters that make
it reproducible, then it is not considered a "problem" because it cannot
be solved.

OTOH, I once had a manager whose favorite expression was "perception is
90% of reality" - so while this "problem" is not really something that
can be defined sufficiently to provide a fix (at this point in time), it
is really encouraging that Elecraft is interested and pro-active in
attempting to define the problem sufficiently to fix it.

Bottom line - if you have perceived the problem, please provide all the
relevant information that you can so this problem can be well described,
defined, and made reproducible.  Until the problem can be reproduced in
the lab environment, one will never be able to say whether it is fixed
or not.  If you can help, please do.

73,
Don W3FPR