Hi, all concerned:
For openers, toes are my Tired (68-year) Old Ear S, replete with tinnitus
(you know, constant high-pitched hiss).
In any case, a weak single tone appears to change pitch higher to lower as I
vary its level from subliminal to comfortable, and lower to higher pitch
from comfortable to subliminal.
It occurs in both ears.
Easiest way to attempt replicating this is to use the MON cw tone function
on the K3.
The change I "hear" is not dramatic; best analogue I can think of is a very
slight symmetrical chirp.
Any one else notice this?
Could this syndrome be a contributor to the mush reported by others?
I can not remember when I first noticed this; I do notice it on certain
single musical notes as well.
Brgds,
Dave, N3HE