From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jim Bennett
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:31 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA500 Assembly Question

I Just started assembling my KPA500 serial number 0585 this evening. All was
going OK until I got to the point where I mount the Z-bracket to the PA/LPF
heat sink. The book sez to use 4-40 5/16" black flat head screws. Using this
size screw does NOT pull the Z-bracket tight against the heat sink. I've
measured these screws three times and I am certain I'm using 5/16" screws.
If I use a 3/16" screw, it works fine. Also, I have verified that I've
positioned the PA/LPF properly. So, is the documentation wrong, or is this
Z-bracket supposed to be wobbly and not tight against the heat sink?

Thanks, Jim / W6JHB