A friend of mine bought two of the Jameco #S15AF150120
15V, 1 Amp wall warts recently.  He "gave" me one to
play with.  These are the Jameco "sideways" mount type
switchers that don't use up more than the footprint of
one AC outlet.  (See page 183 of their current
catalog.)

Well, so far, I'm pretty impressed.  I can't find any
obvious birdies using a receiver, and the voltage
stays stiff under load.  On a Variac, the output stays
at spec down to 90 volts.  Haven't put it on the
spectrum analyzer yet.

Normally, I am NO fan of wallwarts for powering
radios.  I take gel cells.  But I may get converted

I'm using this 15V version to run my Small Wonder Labs
PSK20, but, the 12V version if it works as well could
soon find a happy place in my K1 travel kit.  At about
3 ozs., MUCH less weight than the battery it would
replace, and less hassle at the airport having to
explain the appearance of the gel cell innards in the
x-ray.  (I note also that this screening 'interrupt'
only happens about 25% of the time, which is either
encouraging or distressing, depending on how you look
at it.)

No ties to Jameco, YMMV, etc.  North American plug
type only; sorry DX guys.

Steve KZ1X/4