kb3...@msn.com wrote:
> Seems like all questions on the KX3 get an answer pretty quick from
> the inventors except the when question. Maybe testing is a little
> behind, maybe parts are not available, maybe manufacturing is taking
> longer to gear up than expecpted....

Hi Curron,

As usual with a complex product release it's a bit of "all of the
above." Last month, we gave early field-test units to several very
picky operators who've been scrutinizing every detail on behalf of
future customers. Several opportunities for improvement have come out
of this, and it's critical that we get such changes in now, rather
than impose field-upgrades later.

I already mentioned the change to the internal battery; the battery
holders will now be included, even if you don't purchase the charger
module. Our testers also just convinced us to switch to a much nicer
(but more expensive) optical shaft encoder for VFO A. These and other
last-minute tweaks necessitated layout changes to both of the main PC
boards. Since costs also went up, we've been working with vendors to
get better pricing on other parts, where possible, so we can hold the
line on the retail price.

My seven year-old, Griffin, may be the most impatient future KX3 user
of all. He's got his own corner at my workbench where he tests
batteries, rigs up improbable assemblies of scrapped parts, and makes
sure I'm working instead of playing my guitar. "When?" is his favorite
question, and he'll be the first to know.

We're still hoping to take orders in December.

Wayne
N6KR