Folks,

The FT-900 rubber ring also fits over the stock K2 knob.  The ring was
available a couple months ago even though the knob was out of stock.  A bit
wider than the FT-100 ring and priced less too (less than a buck compared to
over $5 for the FT-100 ring).
Of course there are those who still advocate the broccoli ring solution <G>

73,
Don W3FPR