Hi Folks,

I am not happy with the original 2.2khz ssb filter in my K2 (serial 1926).
It sounds very restricted and fine tuning the BFO setting is quite critical
and tx audio ends up either too bassy or too toppy.

I'm thinking of fitting the wider ssb filter mod kit . That's the
replacement xtals and changed caps.

Has anyone done this ?

If so - are you glad that you did or do you wish you had never tried ?

Has anyone compared the 2.4khz with the 2.6khz settings and if so any
comments ? Which do you prefer ?

I should mention that I tend to like a wider filter - I was spoiled by the
lovely audio from my old Atlas 215 (vintage 1970)

TIA

73,  Vic GW4JUN