> This is 41.2 W per foot
> and at that level the RG-213 would get very warm and could even melt,
> especially if the choke were confined in a small box with no circulation
> of
> cooling air.

If a balun of like reactance were instead wound in bifilar fashion using two
parallel wires, rather than coax, wouldn't "additional loss due to mismatch"
be less when compared to coaxial-wound types, assuming that the bifilar
winding choke offers lower matched and mis-matched loss, much like open
lines?  However, the bifilar winding is not really like a wide
conductor-separated transmission line so, perhaps mismatch losses are less
than the same length of RG-213, but more than open or balanced lines.  Most
of the coaxial-wound baluns I've seen of the W1JR type, have been designed
where the output Z much more closely matches the characteristic Z of the
coax used for the winding (e.g., CM chokes used as line isolators between
the transmitter and amp, or monoband dipoles at the feed-point).

I've never seen a coaxial-wound balun at a tuner output (within the tuner),
only bifilar types -- although I know so-called "remote baluns" exist that
do use coaxial turns.   Your example of the "remote balun" shows some
startling, but realistic loss when using a tuner and traditional wire
antennas for multiband HF operation.  If the losses are really that bad,
then it's the tuner that should be remoted, not just the output balun.  So,
it would be an interesting exercise to look at the mis-matched losses under
the two Z extremes when using a bifilar type and use this as a closer
approximation of loss for current choke/baluns placed inside the tuner, at
the output terminals.

Paul, W9AC