Frank, you might want to look at Gary, KI4GGX's "unpcb"s. They are dummy boards that replace all the optional boards and include the parts that would normally go on the main board. The idea being that you don't have to rework the main board to uninstall parts when adding an option in the future.

Here are links to his website, and his manual which gives a lot of info about all the boards and the parts that you don't need to install on the main board...

http://home.cfl.rr.com/garyhvizdak/KI4GGX/unpcbs.htm http://home.cfl.rr.com/garyhvizdak/KI4GGX/Users_Guide.htm

Gary has done a lot of work on this project and it's a great idea. They are
bargain priced as well.

Larry N8LP

Frank Mayer wrote:

I am going to order a K2 with a number of the options.  I have also downloaded
and read the assembly manual for the K2 as well as the KSB2 board for example.
The assembly and installation instructions for the KSB2 instruct you to
disassemble part of the rig for the installation of the board.  Is there any
coordination instruction given for building the rig when you are installing the
options at the time of rig assembly?
Frank  WY3D