I would add two things here:

  1. when you open the case up, a careful examination may reveal at
     least some of the discharge path, damaged parts, and so on, but
     you will most likely have to do the signal tracing that Don mentions.

  2. I note that frequently you will find that you are at the beginning
     of your problem; ESD events (of which Lightning is the largest I
     know of) can leave a lot of the semiconductors inside "walking
     wounded", only to die later.  Be ready to have this become an
     iterative process.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your K2.

73 de W5SV, Dave

W3FPR - Don Wilhelm wrote:

Sorry, but with that sort of question, the only practical answer is that you
start looking somewhere inside the K2 enclosure.

You will have to define 'deaf' a bit better.  If it works OK, then there is
nothing wrong!!!  We can help best if you are clear and unambiguous in your
descriptions.  If it has weak receive signals, that is another matter, and
you should try the Reciever Signal Tracing outlined in the Troubleshooting
part of the K2 manual.  If the receiver has no output at all (not even
noise) then start tracing in the audio stages and work your way toward the
antenna until you find the dead stage.

Once you isolate to one or 2 stages, we can help you isolate the failing
components.  One consequence of lightning zaps is there may be multiple
failed components, find them one at a time.

73,
Don W3FPR