Make sure you're running your rig at 13.8 volts.  If you are using a 12
volt supply, and their are some connector issues, you could be having
voltage issues.  This also would be a reason why the trouble would not
appear at Elecraft.  Hit DISP and see what your running voltage is.  Also
make sure you do not have noise/spikes on the supply voltage.

The only thing that the Width control and PWR control have in common is the
multiplexed data bus and the plug/connector off the front panel, and the
supply voltage.  The two encoders on the two different knobs are not likely
to have identical tracking mechanical problems.

So you could have pins on the front panel connectors that need deoxit.  An
encoder event gets multiplexed on the information bus going to the CPU.  If
the voltage was very low to or from the encoder, then the zero/one states
would not be clearly defined and misinterpretation could occur.

Good Luck & 73, Guy