From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of tomb18
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 10:48 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Problems with knobs

I bought my K3 about 6 months go.  The concentric knobs were so out of round
that I couldn't use them. Of course I had a new set but it took a while.
The new ones were not all that great either.  They work, but they are
crooked.
I would have thought that by now they would find a decent supplier for
these.  Looks like it is still not the case.  I would rather spend $30 more
for a K3 than to go through the aggravation.  Not to mention it makes the
product look cheap.
As to the VFO knows, I bought some solid brass andoized ones from EBAY and
they are fabulous.  Of course these are very expensive ($100) but they add
to the feel of the receiver.
I'm not suggesting that Elecraft should do this, but at least provide some
decent knobs for the radio.
Come to think of it, the quality control of a lot of little things is not
there.  I bought the stainless steel screw set and there were not enough of
the screws to complete the outside of the case.
I tried to get this fixed, but this is my other complaint.
I hzve called for support 6 times.  Three of these times, my call wasn't
returned.  The last time I insisted to wait until someone helped which they
did.
I have also sent 5 or 6 emails, again at least three went unanswered and the
last one was, very quickly but the follow up for the missing part required
me to get back on the phone, since as one group said, someone dropped the
ball.

Sorry, but I am frustrated, since once again, I sent an email about 2 weeks
ago, and never heard a word.
I think Elecraft is not following up on their customer support situation
well enough.  I think they are being asked for too much by their management
as they hinted on my last call.
I have laid out over $8000 on their stuff.   they could do a little (quite a
bit more) in the end user support area.