Point taken, Mike.  I won't add another "me too" to the noise, but I
will be ordering a KX3 later today when I get home.

In answer to your question #3 - I guess that depends on one's
perspective.  I can say that I had a chance to play with the KX3
equipped with the KXPD3 paddles, and liked the feel.
To some, the convenience of a built-in set of paddles versus bringing
one's own to the field may be important.  For the time being, I'm
willing to take along my Code Warrior.
Also, not being much of a phone guy except in contests, I'll pass on the
MH3 for the moment.
The beauty of Elecraft's radios is that these options can be added at a
later date if desired.

73 de Jim - AD6CW